Did you know that, as a special request, we can play for your First Dance? Picking a First Dance can be one of the most frustrating and exhausting tasks when it comes to selecting music for your wedding. While some couples have “their song,” as if they were predestined to dance to it, for others, it’s not that easy. So what is it that makes the “perfect” First Dance, and is it even possible to find one? We hope to give insight to some of you lost souls out there:
1. Send A Message- find a song that resonates with you as a couple- will it be about romance… friendship… commitment… or laughter and fun? Express yourself!
2. Don't worry about the lyrics- we are a music group, but we don't sing (well). It'll just be the melody, so imagine no words and just beautiful harmonies.
3. Find A Genre You Both Like- often times a couple has different tastes in music, so be willing to compromise on something you both like, even if it’s not your personal favorite.
4. Practice Before Picking- if you’ve narrowed your choices down to a few songs, practice dancing to them before you decide; this will give you a real feel for what it will be like.
5. Don’t Worry About Length- if a song is too long, or has a long intro you don’t like, no worries- we can customize the length or where we start playing.
6. Be True To Yourselves- though others will be watching & listening to your First Dance, don’t get too caught up in what others think or like- it’s YOUR wedding, after all!
There are no set rules when it comes to your First Dance, so have fun and make it about you & your love! And if all else fails, don’t be afraid to choose a song that is “typical” or “traditional,”- there’s a reason why they’re so popular!
Dan is the bassoonist & one of the founders of the LCQ.